GovernmentCommunityBusinessHow Do I...?

Go To Search
Click to Home

City Listings
Air Pollution & Quality
Call 816-271-4636.

Animal Shelter
For information, call 816-271-4876.

Birth Certificates
If you were born in the State of Missouri after 1920, you can obtain your birth certificate by calling 816-271-4636.

Building Inspections / Regulations & Permits
Call 816-271-4751 or to obtain a permits go to Room 106, City Hall.

Open burning is only legal during specified time periods only. Call 816-271-4636.

Bus Route Schedules / Information & Passes
Call 816-233-6700.

City Council
To contact city council members, call the city clerk at 816-271-4730.

City Council Meetings
For information when city council meetings are held, call the city clerk's office at 816-271-4730. Council meetings can be viewed live on cable channel 19 and online.

City Prosecutor
Call 816-271-4688 for assistance with matters only in municipal court.

Death Certificates
For deaths occurring in the State of Missouri after 1980, call 816-271-4636.

For information on communicable and contagious diseases, call clinic services at 816-271-4725.

Garage Sale License / Permit
To obtain a garage sale permit go to customer service, Room 106.

Fairview Golf Course is located at 33rd and Pacific Streets. To schedule a tee time, driving range, or lessons call 816-271-5350.

Handicapped Parking Signs
Call 816-271-4653 for more information about obtaining these signs.

HIV Health Education
Call 816-271-4659.

Important Phone Contacts
Service Phone Number(s)
Case Management Numbers 816-271-4636 or 816-271-4684
STD Clinic 816-271-4725 or 816-271-4636
Missouri 1-800-533-AIDS (1-800-533-2437)
Federal Hotline 1-800-342-AIDS (1-800-342-2437)
TDD 1-800-AIDS-TDD (1-800-243-7883)
Spanish 1-800-344-7432

Historic Districts & Landmarks
For information, contact the historic preservation planner at 816-271-4797.

Housing Rehabilitation
The housing rehabilitation division provides opportunities through historic preservation and low interest loans. For more information, call 816-271-4609.

Free immunization for adults and children are offered at the health clinic. Call 816-271-4725.

Type Contact
Building 816-271-4751
Dangerous Buildings 816-271-4751
Electrical 816-271-4751
Fire 816-271-4604
Health 816-271-4636
Housing 816-271-4751
Mechanical 816-271-4751
Plumbing 816-271-4751

Job Service of Missouri
Call 816-387-2380.

Call 816-253-1120.

Licenses / Permits
  • Alarm: 816-271-4751
  • Building: 816-271-4751
  • Bus Pass: 816-233-6700
  • Business: 816-271-4751
  • Demolition: 816-271-4751
  • Dog/Cat Tag: 816-271-4877
  • Dumpster: 816-271-4751
  • Electrical: 816-271-4751
  • Fence: 816-271-4656
  • Food & Drink: 816-271-4757
  • Hauling: 816-271-4751
  • Liquor: 816-271-4757
  • Marriage: 816-271-1437
  • Mechanical: 816-271-4751
  • Occupational: 816-271-4751
  • Parade: 816-271-4757
  • Parking: 816-271-4760
  • Septic Tank: 816-271-4636
  • Signs: 816-271-4656
  • Special Events: 816-271-4757
  • Street Closure: 816-271-4751

Mayor's Office
Call 816-271-4640 for assistance.

Municipal Court
For court information, call 816-271-4686.

Neighborhood Services
For assistance in forming neighborhood groups or solving neighborhood problems, call 816-271-4620.

Park Building & Grounds Maintenance
Call 816-271-5504 for information.

Patee Market Health Center
The public health clinic is located at 904 South 10th Street. For information call 816-271-4725.

Planning & Zoning
For information inside the city limits call 816-271-4648. For outside the city limits, but in Buchanan County, call 816-271-1429.

Police Department
  • Teen Hotline: 816-676-CHAT (676-2428)
  • TIPS Hotline: 816-238-TIPS (238-8477)
  • Report by phone: 816-271-4782 or 816-271-4692

Recycling Center
Located at 3405 South Belt Highway. Call 816-232-4401 for more information.

Sanitary Sewer Stoppage
If you have sewer back-up or stoppage, contact sewer maintenance division at 816-271-4848.

Septic Tank Complaints or Questions
Call environmental health and food safety division at 816-271-4636.

Sewer Charges
For more information on sewer charges call utility billing services at 816-271-4773.

For information on cuts/inspections, traffic signal maintenance, signs, potholes, site obstruction, snow removal, or sweeping, contact the streets maintenance division at 816-271-4848.

Tickets (Moving Violations)
Contact the municipal court at 816-271-4686.

Tickets (Parking)
Contact parking information at 816-271-4760.

Trash & Debris
Contact the property maintenance division to make a complaint at 816-271-5342.

Trees located in the public rights-of-way, contact street division at 816-271-4848. Trees on private property are a matter between property owners. Private trees are a city matter if they endanger the traveling public.

Weeds & Tall Grass
The maximum allowable height for weeds and grass is seven inches. For more information or to make a complaint, property maintenance division at 816-271-5342.